Stephen Derrick MEd/ UKCP registered psychotherapist
Hull Counselling & Psychotherapy I welcome you to my website.
By way of introduction I am a Senior Counsellor, a Registered Psychotherapist and an Accredited EMDR therapist.
I have many years experience of meeting with clients in both my private practice and for the NHS where I have worked in different roles in mental health services for almost forty years.
Providing a successful counselling and psychotherapy service in Hull for over twenty five years, I meet clients in my private therapy room which is situated in a pleasant cottage style garden environment to the rear of my home.
I am passionate about my work and see the positive benefit of therapy. I have great experience of meeting with people who have concerns related to life, its stages and their experiences. This may be for short or longer term therapy.
Here are some examples:
• The distressing impact of the end of a significant relationship.
• The confusion, emptiness and sadness often experienced following a bereavement or loss.
• Anxiety, depression or stress.
• Anger, bewilderment and the hurt experienced as a result of emotional, physical or sexual abuse.
• Relationship concerns.
• Disturbance to your well being following a traumatic experience.
• Low self esteem, shame or lack of confidence perhaps as a result of being bullied or humiliated.
• Often people feel unhappy, sad or lost without having a clear understanding why.
Having participated in many years of training, I have substantial experience of working as a psychotherapist.
A current area of special interest is in working with trauma and as such I have committed to specific in depth training in this area.
The therapeutic journey can be a nourishing and rewarding experience which may also be demanding of your commitment and time. I ask you to please give some thought as to what you would like to gain from counselling or psychotherapy and whether you would want to enter into therapy.
There are many approaches and models of counselling and psychotherapy. This can often be confusing so please feel welcome to contact me for an initial chat if you have any questions and would like to find out more.
Please click on the menu items on the left of the page to find out more about my Hull counselling and psychotherapy practice.